** Winter Special - Stay for 3 nights, pay for 2! ** Valid for stays 3rd June through 30th September 2019.
This award-winning architectural masterpiece sits cantilevered 90 meters above the blue waters of Onetangi. An elegant interior boasts 3 ultra-luxurious bedrooms worthy of any international five-star resort. Generous indoor / outdoor living spaces include a chic plunge pool and infinity-edge sun deck.
- 3 elegant bedrooms featuring huge super king beds and luxurious ensuite bathrooms with high pressure rain showers
- Award-winning architecture by Herbst Architects
- Astonishing ‘Big Sur’ style north-eastern views above Onetangi Beach across to the Coromandel
- Central heating and air-conditioning and underfloor heating in living area and bathrooms
- 2.5 meter-deep plunge pool with adjacent outdoor shower
- Wind-resistant outdoor courtyard for year-around entertaining
- Quiet, super private location close to both Palm Beach and Onetangi Beach. 3 minutes to Ostend, 10 minutes to Oneroa
- Innovative electronic insect screening affording mosquito-free living
- Built in gourmet Electrolux gas BBQ
- Outdoor fireplace
- Chef’s kitchen
- Full laundry
- Double parking car deck and additional guest parking
Bedroom 1: 1 x super king bed with ensuite
Bedroom 2: 1 x super king bed with ensuite
Bedroom 3: 1 x super king bed with ensuite
A $295 clean/linen fee applies to all bookings.
7 nights between mid December and mid January (minimum stays between mid December 2018 and mid January 2019 reduced to 4 nights)
3 nights from 1 December to mid December, mid January to end February and holiday weekends
2 nights all other times
A $1000 cash bond applies to all bookings. Lantern House is not suitable for children aged 6 months to under the age of 5.
For further information, please contact us [email protected] or phone +64 9 372 5402. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Wi-Fi access
- Swimming Pool
- Sea Views
- Air Conditioning
- BBQ Gas
- Beach Towels
- Bluetooth Sound System
- Coffee/Tea Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Clothes Washer
- Full Kitchen
- Hair Dryer
- Heat Pump
- Ironing Board
- Mobile Coverage
- Nespresso Machine
- Outdoor Seating
- Outdoor Shower
- Sky Sports
- Sky Movies
- Underfloor Heating
- Passenger Ferry (Matiatia) within 10K
- Vehicle Ferry (Kennedy Point) within 10K
- Airfield within 10K
- Boat Launch within 3K
- Supermarket within 5K
- within 5K to Cafes
- within 5K to Golf Course
- within 5K to Playground
- within 5K to Restaurants
- within 5K to Saturday Farmers Market
- within 5K to Shopping
- within 5K to Shelly Beach
- within 5K to Sandy Bay Beach
- within 5K to Enclosure Bay
- within 5K to Palm Beach
- within 5K to Onetangi Beach
- within 5K to Frenchmans Hill Estate Vineyard
- within 5K to Goldie Vineyard and Restaurant
- within 5K to Kennedy Point Vineyard
- within 5K to Miro Vineyard and Casita Miro Restaurant
- within 5K to Obsidian Vineyard
- within 5K to Stonyridge Vineyard and Restuarant
- within 5K to Te Motu Vineyard and Restaurant
I’ve never stayed in a property that ticked every box in every way as this one. I am from America but travel to New Zealand every year a few times a year. I often am there for extensive work and this time I needed a place to recharge. I was blown away by the check in process, the hospitality, the absolutely perfect property, the suggestions of restaurants/vineyards and activities. Jacque who manages the property was AMAZING! Can’t even describe. New Zealand feels like a second home and a place I love so much. This experience heightened that. 10/10 or 20/20 if I could! X
Ashton - Feb, 2020
Beautiful spot! No need to go anywhere. Just stay and enjoy everything the lantern house has to offer! Will be back again.
James - Nov, 2019
Amazing. The house looks like it came out straight out of a magazine. The view from the house is life changing. Perfect location too. Had the absolute best time in Waiheke. Looking forward to coming back!
Kristi - Jul, 2019
A very special home with amazing views, thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Louise - May, 2019
Beautiful, spacious home with spectacular views. Truly relaxing. Definitely a recommend.”
Jennifer - Apr, 2019
Other recommended properties
Sited at the top of the Onetangi Hill. Cape Retreat is totally private - surrounded by expansive gardens and breathtaking views to the north, west and east.
Luxury award winning house situated on a unique 1 acre headland site with sweeping sea views. Onetangi Headland House is a stunning property for a stay on Waihek...