This award-winning architectural masterpiece sits cantilevered 90 meters above the blue waters of Onetangi. An elegant interior boasts 3 ultra-luxurious bedrooms worthy of any international five-star resort. Generous indoor / outdoor living spaces include a chic plunge pool and infinity-edge sun deck.
- 3 elegant bedrooms featuring huge super king beds and luxurious ensuite bathrooms with high pressure rain showers
- Award-winning architecture by Herbst Architects
- Astonishing ‘Big Sur’ style north-eastern views above Onetangi Beach across to the Coromandel
- Central heating and air-conditioning and underfloor heating in living area and bathrooms
- 2.5 meter-deep plunge pool with adjacent outdoor shower
- Wind-resistant outdoor courtyard for year-around entertaining
- Quiet, super private location close to both Palm Beach and Onetangi Beach. 3 minutes to Ostend, 10 minutes to Oneroa
- Innovative electronic insect screening affording mosquito-free living
- Built in gourmet Electrolux gas BBQ
- Outdoor fireplace
- Chef’s kitchen
- Full laundry
- Double parking car deck and additional guest parking
Bedroom 1: 1 x super king bed with ensuite
Bedroom 2: 1 x super king bed with ensuite
Bedroom 3: 1 x super king bed with ensuite
A $295 clean/linen fee applies to all bookings.
7 nights between mid December and mid January (minimum stays between mid December 2018 and mid January 2019 reduced to 4 nights)
3 nights from 1 December to mid December, mid January to end February and holiday weekends
2 nights all other times
A $1000 cash bond applies to all bookings. Lantern House is not suitable for children aged 6 months to under the age of 5.
For further information, please contact us [email protected] or phone +64 9 372 5402. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Wi-Fi access
- Swimming Pool
- Sea Views
- Air Conditioning
- BBQ Gas
- Beach Towels
- Bluetooth Sound System
- Coffee/Tea Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Clothes Washer
- Full Kitchen
- Hair Dryer
- Heat Pump
- Ironing Board
- Mobile Coverage
- Nespresso Machine
- Outdoor Seating
- Outdoor Shower
- Sky Sports
- Sky Movies
- Underfloor Heating
- Passenger Ferry (Matiatia) within 10K
- Vehicle Ferry (Kennedy Point) within 10K
- Airfield within 10K
- Boat Launch within 3K
- Supermarket within 5K
- within 5K to Cafes
- within 5K to Golf Course
- within 5K to Playground
- within 5K to Restaurants
- within 5K to Saturday Farmers Market
- within 5K to Shopping
- within 5K to Shelly Beach
- within 5K to Sandy Bay Beach
- within 5K to Enclosure Bay
- within 5K to Palm Beach
- within 5K to Onetangi Beach
- within 5K to Frenchmans Hill Estate Vineyard
- within 5K to Goldie Vineyard and Restaurant
- within 5K to Kennedy Point Vineyard
- within 5K to Miro Vineyard and Casita Miro Restaurant
- within 5K to Obsidian Vineyard
- within 5K to Stonyridge Vineyard and Restuarant
- within 5K to Te Motu Vineyard and Restaurant
I’ve never stayed in a property that ticked every box in every way as this one. I am from America but travel to New Zealand every year a few times a year. I often am there for extensive work and this time I needed a place to recharge. I was blown away by the check in process, the hospitality, the absolutely perfect property, the suggestions of restaurants/vineyards and activities. Jacque who manages the property was AMAZING! Can’t even describe. New Zealand feels like a second home and a place I love so much. This experience heightened that. 10/10 or 20/20 if I could! X
Ashton - Feb, 2020
Beautiful spot! No need to go anywhere. Just stay and enjoy everything the lantern house has to offer! Will be back again.
James - Nov, 2019
Amazing. The house looks like it came out straight out of a magazine. The view from the house is life changing. Perfect location too. Had the absolute best time in Waiheke. Looking forward to coming back!
Kristi - Jul, 2019
A very special home with amazing views, thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Louise - May, 2019
Beautiful, spacious home with spectacular views. Truly relaxing. Definitely a recommend.”
Jennifer - Apr, 2019
Other recommended properties
Beautifully crafted and elegantly furnished you will feel at home from the very moment you walk through the door of this exquisite holiday property.
Sited at the top of the Onetangi Hill. Cape Retreat is totally private - surrounded by expansive gardens and breathtaking views to the north, west and east.
Luxury award winning house situated on a unique 1 acre headland site with sweeping sea views. Onetangi Headland House is a stunning property for a stay on Waihek...